Scroll saws are a great addition to any workshop, and the DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw is one of the best on the market. With its variable speed setting, this saw can handle a wide range of materials, making it perfect for both beginners and experienced woodworkers alike.
Plus, its durable construction ensures that it will last for years to come. So if you’re looking for a reliable scroll saw that can handle any project you throw at it, the DEWALT DW788 is definitely worth considering.
DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw:
Some key features of the DEWALT DW788 scroll saw. You will be able to find out how this scroll saw can help you with your projects.
The DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw also comes with a flexible neck which will help make your work a lot easier. The featured length of the flexible shaft is approximately 22 inches long, so you can reach those tight spots with ease.
The cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45 degrees left and right. With a motor rating of 1.3 amps and speeds up to 1,750 strokes per minute, this scroll saw is perfect for any project you might have.
The On-off switch is located on the front upper arm, making it easy to access and use.
Electronic variable speed:
This scroll saw has an electronic variable speed, which allows you to control the speed of the blade depending on the type of material you are working with.
Scroll Saw Work Light:
The DW788 also comes with a Scroll Saw Work Light, which will help you see your project in detail and make cutting easier.
Flexible dust blower:
The flexible dust blower is located on the front upper arm and helps to keep your work area clean.
The blade-tensioning lever is also located on the front upper arm, making it easy to tension the blade when necessary.
This scroll saw is CSA approved and meets OSHA standards. It is also U.L. Listed, so you can rest assured that you are getting a high-quality tool.
- The DW788 is a powerful and versatile scroll saw that’s great for both professionals and hobbyists.
- It has a variable speed control so you can get the perfect cut every time.
- The built-in work light helps you to see what you’re doing.
- The dust port helps to keep your work area clean.
- The DW788 doesn’t come with a plunge attachment, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to be able to make plunge cuts.
- The blade on the DW788 is only 5 inches long, so it’s not suitable for making very large cuts.
- Not come with a stand
According to my recommendation, this scroll saw is great for anyone who is looking for a versatile and powerful tool that can handle a variety of projects. It is perfect for both professionals and hobbyists alike.
The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a plunge attachment, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to be able to make plunge cuts. Overall, the DW788 is a great scroll saw that is sure to meet your needs.
The DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw with Scroll Saw Work Light is a great tool for any woodworker. It’s easy to set up and use, has a variable speed control that allows you to adjust the saw blade speed to match the material you’re working on, and comes with a work light so you can see what you’re doing even in low light conditions.
We highly recommend this scroll saw for anyone looking for an affordable yet high-quality option. Have you tried out the DEWALT DW788? What did you think of it? Let us know in the comments below.
- I was a first-time builder and spent hours and days doing the research before finally deciding to go with the best (according to the reviews). The other ones didn’t seem worthwhile. I’m not artistic, but I made it work nonetheless. It’s a simple and quick installation. I was really pleased with how solid and little it shook while I was using it before I even put it up. My first project was to make a wooden sawhorse into a scroll saw stand so I didn’t have to buy one. This thing is fantastic.
- This saw was intimidating when I put it together since it’s so big, but once I got started, I fell in love with it, and now all I want to do is make more projects! It was a snap to assemble and the saw itself is simple to operate.
- To replace the blades, this is a bum saw. Inaccurately speaking, there was a “wedge” in the previous model that causes the arms to be too far apart, resulting in a “too short” blade. There should be 3/8 of an inch on each end to secure it. The original Type 1 is excellent in DeWalt acknowledges a “small difficulty” with blade changing, but thus far there has been no remedy. We’re stuck with it. Aside from the blade replacement issue, I like the machine and it outperforms all previous scroll saws that I’ve owned or currently have…. once the blade is changed, it takes a long time and patience.