Scroll saws are amazing tools for woodworkers. They allow you to cut intricate shapes and designs in your woodworking projects with ease. If you’re looking for a high-quality scroll saw, the General International Scroll Saw is a great option to consider. This saw is packed with features that will make your woodworking projects easier than ever.
In this article, I’ll review all of the features of the General International 16″ Scroll Saw 1.2A Variable Speed Woodworking Saw and tell you why I think it’s one of the best scroll saws on the market today. Stay tuned!
General International 16″ Scroll Saw – 1.2A Variable Speed Woodworking Saw
Here are some key features of the Scroll Saw
Cast aluminum work table:
The cast aluminum work table is precision ground for flatness and features an easy-to-read scale with an adjustable throat depth of up to 16 inches.
Flexible neck LED light:
The Flexible neck LED light helps to illuminate your work area, making it easier to see your workpiece.
Variable speed control:
The Variable speed control allows you to adjust the speed of the blade to match your specific project needs.
Side storage compartment:
The side storage compartment is built into the housing for convenient storage of spare blades and wrenches.
- 1 x General International 16″ Scroll Saw
- 1 x Flexible neck LED light
- 1 x Side storage compartment
- 1 x User manual
- The LED light helps to see what you are cutting.
- The flexible shaft allows you to reach tight spaces.
- The scroll saw can make plunge cuts and curved cuts.
- The speed control system allows you to choose how fast or slow the blade moves.
- The scroll saw is a little heavy.
- The scroll saw produces some dust when in use.
- The blade is not as sharp as some other types of blades.
According to my recommendation, this scroll saw is good for people who want to make detailed and intricate cuts. It has a variable speed control which is helpful in matching the speed of the blade to your project needs. The LED light is also a big help in seeing what you are cutting.
The side storage compartment is also a nice feature, allowing you to keep all of your tools and accessories within easy reach. Although it is a bit heavy, this scroll saw is still very easy to use. Overall, I think that this scroll saw is a great choice for anyone looking for a quality woodworking saw.
Scroll saws are an ideal gift for any woodworker. They allow you to make precise cuts that would otherwise be impossible with other equipment. The General International 16″ scroll saw is a fantastic value for the money. This saw has a variable speed control so you may alter the blade speed to match the material you’re working on.
It also has an LED light to help illuminate your workspace, and a flexible shaft that gives you added maneuverability. If you’re in the market for a scroll saw, this one should definitely be at the top of your list.
- This tool did everything I expected it to do. I was creating bespoke radio mounts for my son’s Boston Whaler. It enables me to cut the plastic quickly and cleanly in order to make the stations for a variety of radios suitable for installation in his center console.
- This is a fantastic scroll saw. For the past 20 years, I’ve been using bandsaws and scroll saws. It vibrates quite a bit if you don’t secure it to the table, but once bolted/screwed/nailed down, it works well. It’s great for entertainment since it’s so inexpensive.
- I purchased the Harbor Freight Gas Tool Set with this plan, but I did not get the tee handle or hex wenches. I’ve noted an issue, but haven’t heard back from the seller. Other than that, it was a handle skil jog saw or this to perform the task, and this was fine, buy a decent set.