The Bosch Jigsaw is one of the most popular power tools around. But, if you want to change the blade of your Bosch Jigsaw, then you might need a bit of help. Because on some models of the Bosch Jigsaw (mostly old ones) changing the blade is not a very easy thing to do.
In short, to change the blade on a Bosch jigsaw, first release the old blade by depressing the release lever. Next, insert the new blade into the blade clamp and tighten it securely. Finally, reattach the cover plate and you’re ready to go!
Keep reading to find out more because this guide on how to change blade on a Bosch jigsaw will walk you through the process for both types of models old and new ones.
How To Change Blade On Bosch Jigsaw?
Bosch jigsaw blades are designed to last longer than most other brands. However, sometimes the blades wear down over time and need replacing. If this happens, you can replace the blade yourself with just a few simple steps.
Steps To Change Blade On Bosch Jigsaw (Works With New Models):
- Step 1: Disconnect the plug from the wall if you have the wired bosch jigsaw or remove the battery if you have the cordless Bosch Jigsaw. Ultimately remove the power source of the bosch jigsaw so that you can change the bosch jigsaw blade very safely.
- Step 2: While changing the jigsaw blade, must put on the work gloves so that you don’t injure yourself with the jigsaw blade.
- Step 3: On the newer models of Bosch Jigsaw you can quickly and easily change the blade, due to the SDS quick-change system.
- Step 4: Remove the old blade by pushing the red cap. You can find the red cap where the blade is plugged in.
- Step 5: Get the new blade you want to use. And then while keep pushing up the red cap, insert the new blade in. When it clicks, it means that the blade is fully engaged and locked into place. (Release the red cap)
- Step 6: You are ready to use the Bosch Jigsaw.
Keep in mind that the colors of the blades indicate the material for which the blade is intended to use.
The grey blade is intended to use for wood, the blue blade to use for metal, the red blade for plastic, the white blade is the universal blade that you can use for anything and the black-gold is the specialty blade that you can use for special materials.
Steps To Change Blade On Bosch Jigsaw (Works On Most Models):
- Step 1: Turn off the machine and remove the power source.
- Step 2: Remove the blade guard from the saw.
- Step 3: Loosen the two screws that hold the blade in place.
- Step 4: Pull out the old blade and set it aside.
- Step 5: Insert the new blade into the saw and tighten the screws back up.
- Step 6: Give the saw a quick test run to make sure everything works properly before finishing the job.
Surely for most of the Bosch Jigsaw Models, these above methods are valid but what about the others, the old models of the Bosch Jigsaw. Well, we got your back for the old models as well.
Steps To Change Blade On Bosch Jigsaw (Works On Old Models):
The tools that are needed to change a blade on Bosch Jigsaw are the flat screwdriver (mostly flat is needed but it can be a four head screwdriver in your case) and pliers.
Now you are ready to change the blade on a bosch jigsaw. Here are the steps to change the blade on Bosch Jigsaw old models:
- Step 1: Locate the hole directly above the handle on the top of the Bosch Jigsaw. The hole should be aligned with where the blade lies.
- Step 2: Your screwdriver can be inserted into this hole and the screw can be loosened by turning the screwdriver left (Note: You may have to loosen the screw more than you think you need to). The screw does not necessarily have to be removed completely but you may hear the sound of clicking.
- Step 3: Using your other hand, gently pull on the blade with the pliers as you loosen it. The blade will come out of the jigsaw once the screw is loose enough.
- Step 4: (Alternative to Step 3): After loosening the screw, get the pliers, and with the help of the pliers turn the blade 90 degrees then you can pull the blade out using the pliers.
- Step 5: Insert the new blade facing the same direction as the old one.
- Step 6: (Alternative to Step 5): With pliers, push the new blade through 90 degrees as far as it will go, and then twist it 90 degrees in the direction you want it to move (either forward or backward).
- Step 7: Tighten the screw fully and remove the screwdriver while holding the new blade in place (using pliers).
- Step 8: Check that the blade is secure and not moving inside the jigsaw by jiggling it slightly. The jigsaw is now ready to use if it is solidly in place.
In some cases, step 3 is not straightforward and does not work, so you should do step 4. If you choose step 4, then skip step 5 and go to step 6, then step 7, and then step 8.
You are now ready to use your Bosch jigsaw with the new blade if you completed all the steps correctly.
So, those were the steps that you need to follow to change the blade on your Bosch Jigsaw. Hopefully, this article was of some help to you.
How Do You Remove A Jigsaw Blade From A Bosch SDS
It is very easy to remove a jigsaw blade from a bosch SDS, you just have to push the red cap where the blade is plugged in.
When you push the red cap the blade will pop out, and if it doesn’t then put on work gloves and use your hands to pull out the blade while pushing the red cap.
How Do You Install A Jig Saw Blade
To install a jig saw blade, first take off the cover plate. Put on the work gloves and use pull out the old blade and then slide the blade into the slot until it clicks into place.
Make sure there is no space between the blade and the slot. Put the cover plate back on.
How To Change Blade On Old Bosch Jigsaw
The tools that are needed to change a blade on Bosch Jigsaw are the flat screwdriver (mostly flat is needed but it can be a four head screwdriver in your case) and pliers. Now you are ready to change the blade on a bosch jigsaw.
Follow the steps mentioned above in the post to change the blade on old bosch jigsaw.