A delta 788 scroll saw is a great tool for making precise cuts in wood. However, like all machines, it may occasionally require some maintenance or repairs. In this article, we will show you how to fix the airline on a delta 788 scroll saw. The first step is to identify where the problem is. Often, the airline will become disconnected from the machine, resulting in a lack of airflow and poor cutting performance. If this is the case, simply reconnect the airline and tighten the connector screws.
If there is no visible disconnection, then the problem may be with the airline itself. To check this, remove the airline from the machine and blow it into it. If there is no obstruction, the air should flow freely. If there is an obstruction, remove it and blow into the line again. If the airline is damaged or worn out, it will need to be replaced. To do this, remove the old airline and replace it with a new one. Be sure to connect the new airline securely to the machine and tighten the connector screws.
That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can fix the airline on the delta 788 scroll saw and get back to making precise cuts in wood.
Remove the saw blade
Begin by removing the saw blade. There are usually two screws on the front of the saw that holds the blade in place. Remove these screws and pull the blade out of the saw
Check the airline
Next, check the airline. The airline is a small rubber hose that connects to the back of the saw and runs down the back of the saw table. If this hose is damaged or kinked, it will prevent the saw from operating correctly.
If the airline is damaged, you will need to replace it. You can purchase a replacement airline at most hardware stores
Repair the airline
If the air line is not damaged, you can repair it by following these steps:
- Take a small hose clamp and clamp the airline to the saw table. Make sure the clamp is tight so that the airline is secure
- Using a zip tie or some other type of tie, secure the airline to the back of the saw table. Make sure the tie is tight so that the airline does not move
- Check to make sure the saw is now operating correctly. If it is not, you may need to reattach the blade or take the saw to a repair shop for further assistance.
- If the saw is now operating correctly, congratulations! You have successfully repaired your delta scroll saw. Enjoy using your saw for many more projects to come.
Dispose of the blade
Be sure to dispose of the blade in a safe and responsible manner. Do not simply throw it in the trash, as this could pose a safety hazard. Contact your local waste management company for information on how to properly dispose of the blade.
Remove the screws that hold on the cover
To fix a delta 788 scroll saw, you will need to remove the screws that hold on the cover. This will allow you to access the airline and make the necessary repairs. Be sure to keep track of where each screw goes so that you can put everything back together properly. Once the cover is off, you should be able to see the airline. If it is damaged or torn, you will need to replace it. To do this, you will need to cut the old line and then attach the new one.
Be sure to use plenty of tapes to secure it in place. Once the airline is fixed, you can put everything back together and get back to work. Remember to be careful when tightening the screws, as they can be easy to strip. With a little time and effort, you should be able to get your delta 788 scroll saw up and running again.
Remove the black screw that holds on the motor cover
It’s easy to fix a broken airline on a delta 788 scroll saw. Just follow these simple steps
- Remove the cover
- Locate the airline and unscrew the brass fitting
- Replace the airline by screwing on the new brass fitting
- Replace the cover and screw in the black screw
Reattach the screw and blade cover
If the airline on your delta 788 scroll saw becomes disconnected, you can easily reattach it by following these simple steps:
1. Reattach the screw that holds the blade cover in place.
2. Cover the air intake port with your hand to prevent sawdust from entering.
3. Connect the air line to the intake port.
4. Turn on the scroll saw and check for leaks.
If you find any leaks, tighten the connection by turning the airline clockwise. Be careful not to over-tighten, as this could damage the connector.
When working with any power tool, there are certain safety precautions that should always be followed. The delta 788 scrolls saw is no exception. Before beginning to work on the scroll saw, be sure to read and follow the safety instructions in the owner’s manual. Some of the most important safety precautions for the delta 788 scrolls saw include:
1. Always wear safety goggles when using the scroll saw.
2. Keep your hands and fingers clear of the blade at all times.
3. Never put your hands or fingers in the path of the blade while it is moving.
4. Disconnect the scroll saw from the power source when not in use.
5. Make sure the blade is properly installed before using the scroll saw.
6. Keep the work area clean and free of debris.
7. Do not operate the scroll saw if you are tired or impaired in any way.
8. Make sure the blade is sharp and in good condition before use.
9. Always use caution when moving the scroll saw.
10. Do not overload the scroll saw.
By following these safety precautions, you can help ensure that your scroll saw experience is a safe and enjoyable one.
These are the steps you need to take in order to fix the airline on your Delta 788 scroll saw. Make sure that you have all of the necessary tools and parts before you get started, and be sure to follow these instructions closely. With a little bit of work, you should be able to have your scroll saw up and running again in no time at all!