Many people new to scroll sawing are surprised at how long it takes to attach a blade to the saw. There are a few reasons for this. The first reason is that you want to make sure the blade is attached securely. If it’s not, the vibration of the saw could cause the blade to come loose and fly out, which could result in serious injury.
The second reason is that you don’t want the blade to move around while you’re cutting. This can cause the cut to be uneven or off-center. And finally, you don’t want the blade to overheat. If it does, it could damage the saw or even catch on fire.
So how do you attach a scroll saw blade properly? Here are the steps:
1. Make sure the saw is unplugged.
2. Remove the screws that hold the blade in place.
3. Insert the new blade and make sure the teeth are facing in the same direction as the old blade.
4. Replace the screws and tighten them securely.
5. Plug in the saw and test it out. Make sure the blade is securely attached before you start cutting.
If you follow these steps, you should be able to attach a scroll saw blade quickly and safely. Happy scrolling!