Worried you might be doing something wrong when using your electric chain saw?
You’re not alone. A lot of people have this same question. In this article, we’ll show you the most common reasons the chain falls off and how to prevent it from happening.
Armed with this knowledge, you can rest assured that your electric chain saw will stay attached to the chain for as long as you need it to. No more worrying about whether or not the chain is going to come loose in the middle of a project!
Why does the chain keep falling off my Remington electric chain saw:
Here are some reasons why this may be happening:
1. The chain is not properly tensioned
This is the most common reason why chains fall off electric saws. Make sure that you follow the instructions in your saw’s manual on how to properly tension the chain.
2. The chain is damaged
If the chain is damaged, it will be more likely to fall off. Inspect the chain for any damage and replace it if necessary.
3. The sprocket is damaged
The sprocket is what the chain sits on and spins around. If this is damaged, it can cause the chain to come off. Inspect the sprocket for any damage and replace it if necessary.
4. The bar is bent
If the bar that the chain runs along is bent, it can cause the chain to come off. Inspect the bar for any damage and replace it if necessary.
5. The chain is too tight or too loose
If the chain is too tight, it will put extra pressure on the sprocket and can cause the chain to come off. If the chain is too loose, it will move around too much and also increase the chances of it coming off. Make sure that you follow the instructions in your saw’s manual on how to properly adjust the chain tension.
6. The saw is vibrating excessively
If the saw is vibrating excessively, it can cause the chain to come off. Inspect the saw for any damage and replace it if necessary.
7. The teeth on the chain are dull
If the teeth on the chain are dull, they will not grip the wood as well and can cause the chain to come off. Sharpen the teeth on the chain or replace the chain if necessary.
8. There is something caught in the saw
If there is something caught in the saw, it can cause the chain to come off. Turn off the saw and inspect it for any foreign objects. Remove anything that is caught in the saw and try again.
If you have checked all of these things and are still having trouble with the chain coming off, take it to a professional to have them look at it. They will be able to tell you what is wrong and fix it.
How to fix this issue:
Here are some steps that you can take to try and fix the issue with the chain falling off your Remington electric chain saw. Hopefully, one of these steps will work for you and you’ll be able to get back to using your saw without any further issues.
- Check that the chain is properly tensioned. If it’s too loose, it can come off easily. Use the adjustment screw at the base of the saw to tighten or loosen the chain as needed. If it’s too loose, it can come off easily. Use the adjustment screw at the base of the saw to tighten or loosen the chain as needed.
- Make sure that the bar isn’t damaged or bent in any way. A damaged or bent bar can cause the chain to come off more easily.
- Inspect the sprocket for damage. The sprocket is what the chain wraps around and if it’s damaged, the chain will come off more easily.
- Make sure that the guide bar is properly aligned. If it’s not lined up correctly, the chain can come off more easily.
- If none of these steps seem to be fixing the problem, you may need to take your saw in for repairs. There could be something wrong with the internal mechanics of the saw that is causing the chain to fall off.
How to prevent Remington saw chain from falling:
Here are some steps to prevent your Remington saw chain from falling:
- Check that the bar is properly seated in the body of the saw.
- Inspect the sprocket nose for wear.
- Make sure that the drive links are not damaged or missing.
- Ensure that the chain tension is correct.
- Clean and lubricate the chain regularly.
- Keep the cutting area clear of debris.
- Follow all safety precautions when using your saw.
Have you ever had the chain come off your saw before?
It’s a pretty common problem and one that can be frustrating to deal with.
Are you sure that you are putting the chain back on properly?
It’s important to make sure that the chain is properly attached to the saw if you want it to stay on during use.
Are you using the correct type of chain for your saw?
Not all chains are created equal and not all will work with every saw. Make sure you are using the right type of chain for your particular model.
Is the chain tensioned correctly?
If the chain is too loose, it can fall off during use. Conversely, if the chain is too tight, it can cause damage to the saw. The chain should be tensioned so that there is about 1/8″ of play in it.
We showed you the main reasons why the chain falls off your Remington electric chain saw. We hope that this information was helpful and allows you to get back to cutting wood in no time.
Have you ever had this problem with your electric chain saw? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!