If your Echo CS400 chain saw purge pump is full, it’s likely because the carburetor isn’t getting enough fuel. The carburetor needs to be cleaned and the fuel line checked for clogs.
Most Chains saw users rely on purge pumps to keep their equipment running smoothly. So, when your purge pump starts overflowing with gasoline and oil, it understandably causes concern. In this blog post, I’ll explore why my echo cs400 chain saw purge pump is full and provide some tips for fixing it. Stay tuned!
Why Is My Echo Cs400 Chain Saw Purge Pump Is Full
Here are some reasons why your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump might be full:
- You might not have emptied the purge pump after you finished using your chain saw. Emptying the purge pump is an important step in maintaining your chain saw, so make sure to do it every time you use the saw.
- The gasket on the purge pump might be damaged or worn out. If this is the case, you will need to replace the gasket in order to fix the problem.
- There might be something blocking the purge pump intake valve. If this is the case, you will need to remove whatever is blocking the valve and clear it away.
- The fuel tank cap might not be screwed on tightly enough. Make sure to tighten the fuel tank cap properly after refueling.
- The fuel line might be kinked or blocked. If this is the case, you will need to clear the blockage and fix the problem.
- There might be a problem with the carburetor. If this is the case, you will need to consult a professional for help.
- The fuel might not be mixed properly. If this is the case, you will need to adjust the fuel mixture.
- The spark plug might be dirty or faulty. If this is the case, you will need to replace the spark plug.
- The chain saw might not be running at full power. If this is the case, you will need to have it serviced by a professional.
These are some of the most common reasons why your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump might be full. If you can’t determine what’s causing the problem, it’s best to consult a professional for help.
You might be interested in How a Chain Saw Works?
How To Fix This Issue:
Here are some steps to fix your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump if it is full.
- Remove the spark plug and clean it with a brush or rag.
- Check the air filter and clean or replace it if necessary.
- Clean out the fuel tank and carburetor with a brush or rag.
- Replace the spark plug and start the chain saw again.
If your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump is still full after following these steps, you may need to take it to a professional for further diagnosis and repair. (Learn about Why does chain saw tightens up after running)
How To Prevent Echo Cs400 Chain Saw Purge Pump From Becoming Full:
Here are some steps to prevent your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump from becoming full:
1. Use proper gas and oil mix
Be sure to use the correct gas and oil mixture in your saw. This will help keep your engine clean and prevent any build-up in the purge pump.
2. Keep the bar and chain clean
A dirty bar and chain can cause a lot of build-up in the purge pump. Be sure to keep them clean by using a good quality bar and chain oil. (You might be interested in why does a chain saw bar smoke)
3. Clean the air filter regularly
The air filter helps to keep the engine clean. When it becomes dirty, it can restrict airflow and cause build-up in the purge pump. Clean it regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Use fresh fuel
A stale fuel mixture can cause build-up and problems in the purge pump. Always use fresh fuel to help prevent this issue.
5. Avoid overfilling the gas tank
When the gas tank is overfilled, it can cause fuel to flow back into the carburetor and create a build-up in the purge pump. Be sure to only fill the tank to the recommended level. (Learn about How To Sharpen Chain Saw With File?)
By following these steps, you can help prevent your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump from becoming full and causing problems with your saw.
I showed you how to troubleshoot and fix your echo cs400 chain saw purge pump. Hopefully, this article has helped you resolve the issue with your machine.
What is the purge pump on an echo cs400 chain saw for?
The purge pump on an echo cs400 chain saw is for priming the fuel system. When the fuel system is primed, it will flow more fuel and create less stress on the engine.
How do I clear the purge pump on my echo cs400 chain saw?
If the purge pump on your echo cs400 chain saw is full, you will need to bleed the fuel system. To do this, remove the spark plug and turn the engine over several times. This will allow any air in the fuel system to escape. Once the air is out of the system, replace the spark plug and try starting the engine.
What should I do if my echo cs400 chain saw will not start?
If your echo cs400 chain saw will not start, the most likely problem is that it is not getting enough fuel. Check to make sure the purge pump is working correctly and that there is no air in the fuel system. If there is air in the system, you will need to bleed it out as described above. If the purge pump is not working correctly, you may need to replace it.
If your echo cs400 chain saw is still not starting, please contact customer service for further assistance.